What is your area of focus?
I work with clients on international tax solutions, working collaboratively with accounting and tax specialists around the globe through our affiliation with PrimeGlobal. I appreciate the challenges and opportunities involved with developing the types of international tax strategies which allow companies to maximize centers of profit and growth. With growing domestic competition, Clayton & McKervey has observed a definite cost/benefit for our clients doing business overseas, and capitalizing on new and developing markets. I lead a team that works directly with these types of business owners, providing recommendations on how to best structure operations globally to mitigate tax costs.
How long have you been at Clayton & McKervey?
What is the favorite part about your job?
I enjoy navigating the complexities of the ever-changing tax specialty, and watching businesses expand through an understanding of international tax.
- Structuring operations globally
- Foreign tax credit utilization
- Global tax rate minimization
- International tax consulting and compliance
- IRS and State of Michigan audit representation
- Multistate tax planning and compliance
- Tax treaty analysis
- Mergers, acquisitions and reorganizations
- Master of Science in Taxation, Walsh College
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Accounting, Central Michigan University
- U.S. International Tax Certificate, Association of International Certified Professional Accountants
- U.S. International Tax: Core Concepts, Inbound and Outbound Transactions and Advanced Issues
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Tax Section
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants