What is your area of focus?
I specialize in corporate income and international tax, with certifications in both Michigan and New York. My client base includes domestic and foreign-owned companies with parent companies in Europe, North America and Asia. Fluent in Mandarin, I am a main point of contact for the firm’s robust China practice, and am active in the Chinese business community. In my role as a tax manager, I work with a multi-national team of accountants in the manufacturing, distribution, software, and engineering service sectors, among others.
How long have you been at Clayton & McKervey?
What is the favorite part about your job?
It’s a great feeling to have happy clients that appreciate the services and value we provide and the strategies which support their business growth.
- International tax planning and special reporting compliance for inbound and outbound clients
- Tax treaty analysis
- FATCA compliance and withholding tax on payments to foreign persons
- Consulting services, including tax provision and related deferred tax calculations
- Federal and multistate tax planning, including nexus analysis
- Inbound investments
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accountancy, Baruch College
- U.S. International Tax Certificate from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Detroit Chinese Business Association
- Asian Pacific American Chamber of Commerce
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation
- Detroit Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
If you could have lunch with anyone, who would it be?
If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing you’d do?
Take a long vacation and travel around the world
What noise or sound do you love?
The sound of rainfalls on the roof at night
What is one of your favorite quotes?
“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.”
Who do you admire most in life?
The female pastor in my prior church in NY
If you had to choose a different job, what would it be?