What is your area of focus?
I work within the advisory & assurance practice, primarily with privately-owned domestic companies or subsidiaries of larger foreign-owned and operated companies throughout Europe and Asia. Working closely with owners, chief financial officers, and plant managers gives me a deep understanding of clients’ business goals so that our firm can provide the right mix of technological and consulting support. I am focused on the fundamental practices and internal controls required to mitigate risk and, as a certified fraud examiner, help clients become better educated on the best practices to help prevent fraud.
How long have you been at Clayton & McKervey?
What is the favorite part about your job?
I appreciate the access to the best resources in the industry – the shareholders, managers, seniors and staff that contribute to continuous improvement and development.
- Audits of closely-held companies
- Internal control analysis
- Fraud/data extraction analysis
- Accounting for construction/contractor inventory
- Financial statement and agreed upon procedures reporting
- Financial reporting automation
- Employee benefit plan audits
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Oakland University
- Turn Around Management Association
- Risk Management Association
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
What is your favorite movie line?
Ricky: Why do you want to listen to the TV with the stereo on? Cal: Because I like to party.
If you could learn anything, what would it be?
Sports. Followed by how to speak Spanish & fly a plane
If you had to choose a different job, what would it be?
Fighter jet pilot