Clayton & McKervey Names New Firm Managers and Department Leaders
Clayton & McKervey, a full-service CPA firm servicing growth-driven internationally-minded companies, recently promoted Casey Haggerty, Molly Lynch and Bryan Powrozek to manager from senior accountant, effective September 1, 2016.
- Casey Haggerty, CPA, MST, joined the firm in 2011 and works in the firm’s tax department. He holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Hillsdale College and a master’s in taxation from Walsh College.
- Molly Lynch, CPA, MSA, joined the firm’s assurance department in 2011, and manages both traditional and employee benefit plan audits. She earned her bachelor’s degree from the University of Michigan – Flint and a master’s in accounting from Walsh College.
- Bryan Powrozek, CPA, CGMA, MBA, joined Clayton & McKervey after spending a dozen years as a mechanical engineer and now works in the firm’s FDI department. He holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of Michigan and master’s degree from University of Detroit Mercy.
“These professionals have made significant contributions to the firm through their high degree of professionalism, hard work and leadership,” said Clayton & McKervey President Robert Dutkiewicz. “We are excited to see them flourish in their expanded roles.”
The firm also announced several department head changes, also effective September 1: Shareholder Jim Biehl will lead the Small and Mid-Sized Entities (SME) Department, Director of Assurance Julie Killian will lead the Assurance Department, and Shareholder Teresa Gordon will lead the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Department.
- James Biehl, CPA, MST, joined Clayton & McKervey 33 years ago and has been instrumental to the success of the firm’s SME department, the largest in the firm.
- Teresa Gordon, CPA, CGMA, has been with the firm for eight years, effectively leading foreign direct investment activity. Due to the growth and popularity of her team’s services, an FDI department was formalized.
- Julie Killian, CPA, CGMA, joined Clayton & McKervey four years ago and has been instrumental in delivering a high quality of technical expertise and client service for the assurance department which she now leads.
Margaret Amsden, CPA, MST, has been with the firm for 17 years and continues to lead the tax department.
“I continue to be impressed with the bench strength and talent within our firm,” said Dutkiewicz. “The firm’s four department leaders provide the vision and leadership needed to advance Clayton & McKervey’s mission.”